Superior Performance Architectural Coatings
Kynar Aquatec® architectural coatings provide the same long-lasting properties as Kynar 500® FSF® in an easy-to-apply, water-based, liquid coatings formulated with Kynar Aquatec® latices can be easily applied to metals, PVC, textiles and elastomers. It also delivers the durability and performance our customers have come to expect from traditional PVDF coatings. Kynar Aquatec® latex coatings have numerous benefits, including superb cool roofing properties that reduce energy use and keep roofs significantly cooler than uncoated surfaces. Kynar Aquatec® coatings are extremely durable in even the harshest weather conditions and resist both dirt accumulation and mildew or mold growth.
Buildings and Infrastructure are investments. Protect your investment with Kynar® Coatings.
- Field or Factory-applied, all substrates
- SSPC Paint 47 & AAMA 2605, 615, and 625 compliant
- Water-based, low VOC, low odor
- 20+ years proven weathering performance in Miami, FL
- Excellent dirt shedding & mildew resistance
- Superior color retention, non-chalking, and minimal film erosion
- Available in a 1 or 2 component system
Polyvinylidene fluoride (PVDF) is a resin that when made into a coating provides superior protection in exterior applications. These coatings rely on the C–F (carbon–fluorine) bond, one of the strongest known molecular bonds. The C–F bond is what forms the basis of PVDF coatings. The bond is specifically good at resisting attack from atmospheric pollution, weather exposure, and ultraviolet (UV) radiation.